-
June 7th, 2005, 01:37 AM
#1
Inactive Member
Hi! I haven't posted in a while but I still find myself checking the board every few days. [img]smile.gif[/img]
anyways, I was in NYC this weekend (first time ever to the city! I had a great time!) and naturally I stopped by AGP NY. I didn't get a good look at the store because I was in a rush, since I didn't have much time in NYC and was with a friend who knew of AG and had a daughter but her daughter isn't quite old enough for the dolls yet. Anyways, although I didn't have a lot of time I looked around the Historicals area and the Today area, never made it to the Cafe floor or BB/HH. To be honest, not to be too negative, but I wasn't quite as impressed with AGPNY as I am with AGPC. The reason is I thought their layout in the shopping rooms was kind of poor - the arrangement of the displays was not very conducive to the flow of shoppers and shoppers were getting into 'traffic jams'. I almost ran into several people. I think the store was too crowded and the displays were difficult to walk around. Also, although it has more floors (if I'm not mistaken) the store seems smaller. Overall, it's still AGP and I still think it's a nice store, but I was just wondering if anyone else has the same general feel about AGPNY as I did.
Regardless, I wish I could have spent more time there!!! I always love watching the girls carrying their dolls. Also visited Central Park on Sunday and there were many AG sightings there! Now I know why I always see so many AG dolls in the hands of the outdoor audience at the Today show - I didn't know AGP was so close to Rockefeller Center!
Oh, and just to note, I found this interesting: I bought the doll AGPNY t-shirt (new red one) and this evening I was comparing it to one I had bought in Chicago in 2002 and the one from Chicago is HUGE compared to the AGPNY one! Obviously by 'shrinking it' they save money, but it was ridiculous how small the NY shirt is compared to the 2002 one. I could barely fit it on my pre-Mattel Today doll. [img]confused.gif[/img]
Posting Permissions
- You may not post new threads
- You may not post replies
- You may not post attachments
- You may not edit your posts
-
Forum Rules
Bookmarks